Sunday, September 24, 2006

Daddy or Sperm Donor?

Why are fathers always considered the bad guy when it comes to relationships gone badly? As a woman and mother I have always felt that fathers get raw deals . My mom and dad divorced when I was three years old. I can't say I even remember daddy ever living with us. I also remember hearing mommy say that daddy was the cause of their relationship breaking up. I always wondered why she said that. She never gave me an explanation and as a result I grew up feeling like men were the cause of relationship problems.
My dad would pick my sister,brother, and I up every weekend and take us out. We went to the movies, rollerskating in Central Park, and anything we felt like doing. I enjoyed the time I spent with my daddy. I could call my dad at anytime of the night and he would listen to whatever problems I had. He did not have a whole lot of money, but the times we spent together was better than any amount of money to me.
My mother would be upset when we came home from visiting daddy because we would be speaking about the fun times we had. She would tell us that we never get excited when she does thing with us. She would state that our dad was a sperm donor who screwed up their relationship. Was daddy really just a sperm donor?
As I sit here writing this blog I think about my daddy. I think my daddy is more than a sperm donor. He is a kind and loving man who just could not make it work with my mom. I will always love him and I will always think of him as a Daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home